Hello, hello my lovelies and welcome back to yet another post. Today’s topic is about Koreans face masks. I have a bunch of Korean face masks, from sheets to clay to honey. I’ll rate my favorite at the end of the post and I hope that you will have a good coffee break while reading this post. I’ll try to give as much information about each product and the purpose of its use. Lets begin…
What is a Korean Face Mask?
The Korean sheet masks are a a mask that is infused with a powerful serum with a gel-like consistency. You apply the sheet mask on your face (try to fit it in all the corners of the face) for at least 15 to 20 min. These masks are for a single use. Korean face masks are contoured to rest on the face for superior delivery of moisture and active ingredients, a concept that was born in Korea.
I am showing you 3 of my favorite face masks, I have seen results, after use or when used once or twice a week. See the list below of my review of the 3 masks;
- Leaders Insolution Mela – This mask has a “whitening effect” and a “skin brightening compound” that evens out your skin. This mask sounds scary, because of the “Whitening” word… It does not bleach your face. this mask is meant to Soothes stress and fatigue skin . This mask gives you a healthy and bright skin.
- The Solution Face Mask (the Face shop) – The serum in this mask is Pearl powder and it provides a brightening solution to dull skin. (Brightening care / Formulated without added parabens). I am impressed by the Face shop’s new masks.
- Mediheal Ampoule Mask – I.P.I Lightmax – An intensive brightening ampoule mask for dull or dark skin, contains stable vitamin C-AA2G arbutin & mulberry bark extract-Helps lighten imperfections like freckles.
So as you can tell all my sheet masks are for brightening, I have a lot of hyperpigmentation and sun damage and these masks have helped so much. I’ve been using them for almost 2 years now and its insane when I compare how my skin used to look like with my acne scars and sun damage spots.
Now Part 2 is Korean Masks in a pot
These masks are familiar with us westerners, they are your regular face masks that you apply on a clean face and leave on till it dries. Wash it off and dry it. See my review on the three masks below;
- Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask – This mask is a multi-action pore care clay mask. It is formulated with Jeju volcanic scoria to absorb sebum & impurities. Enhances skin condition for better texture & facilitates makeup application-Leaves skin clean smooth & shine-free with refined pores.
- Skin Food Black Sugar Mask – This is a mask… when you see it, it looks like an exfoliator but its actually a mask. I used this as both, left it on for 20 minutes then when I washed my face I scrubbed it in until I washed it clean. This mask is enriched with minerals and vitamins, this face mask effectively exfoliates dead skin that prevents makeup application, while revitalizing skin.
- THE FACE SHOP Real Honey Pack – this mask is very runny, apply it carefully. It contains natural honey extract, known for its moisturizing and softening properties.The vitamins and amino acids contained in honey leave tired and dull skin smooth and glowing. To be honest this mask is full of scent, its more stressing then relaxing.
All these masks that I mentioned leave your skin soft, clear, and baby smooth. If I had to recommend one of each category, I will definitely recommend the Leaders Insolution Mela and Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask. But in my opinion I think a girl never has enough of them. I must mention because I’m very honest with my audience, THE FACE SHOP Real Honey Pack is my least favorite, I stopped using it a while ago and the scent kills me. I also don’t like the consistency of it (way too runny). I hope this review helps you decide on what masks would suit you and I hope you enjoyed reading it.
Let me know in the comments below what is your favorite face mask, and why?